Click here to download a PDF list of the 2016 Redgee Awards Finalists.
Stay tuned for our Finalist image gallery and full credit listings.
Winners will be revealed Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at the Redgee Awards party and presentation at the Berkeley Church in Toronto, 315 King St. E.
Tickets to the 2016 Redgees, the Canadian Regional Design Awards, are now available.
$25 – Early bird discount, deadline extended to October 21
$40 – Regular admission
Light hors d’oeuvres will be served
Cash bar (win, beer, soft drinks and water)
Attendees receive an advanced copy of the Designedge Redgee Awards Annual Issue
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
The Berkeley Church
315 Queen St. East,
Doors: 6:00 p.m.
Awards: 7:00 p.m.
Social: 7:45 – 9 p.m.
The 2016 Canadian Regional Design Awards (aka “The Redgees”) submissions process is now closed.
Winners will be revealed November at the Redgee Awards party and presentation.
The Redgee Awards is the most comprehensive collection of work from Canada’s professional creative communities ever assembled. We’ve divided the country into eight zones, enabling winners to stake their claim as the best in their region. The best-of-the-best—the highest-scoring entry in each region—are highlighted with special recognition at the Canadian Regional Design Awards event in Toronto.
Enter and show colleagues and clients across Canada what you’re made of.
Final deadline extension: Friday, August 19, 2016. All online entry forms must be complete with all digital file submissions attached and received. All mailed items must be received.
• All entered work must have been produced between Dec. 6, 2014 and June 17, 2016 and must have been produced by a Canadian-based firm or designer.
• Submit actual hard-copy versions of work for the following categories: Stationery, Business Cards, Packaging, Print Marketing, Editorial, Self-Promo (unless oversized), Miscellaneous (unless oversized), and any of the above elements that fall within the larger category of Campaigns.
• Submit digital photographs of work for the following categories: Logos, Outdoor Advertising, Typography, Photography Use, as well as oversized submissions entered in the Self-Promo or Miscellaneous categories, any of the above elements that fall within the larger category of Campaigns, and any work for which hard-copy originals cannot be provided. Photographs should be saved as RGB (not CMYK) JPG format (max. 1024 pixels x 768 pixels at 300 DPI). NOTE: Maximum file size is 5 MB.
• For Web & Mobile entries, submit a URL link for website work, and a URL link with back-end promo code for mobile app work.
• All mailed-in pieces should be accompanied with a printout of the completed corresponding entry form. (NOTE: Do not directly label hard copy submissions with contact names, company name, address, or company logo. Simply include all information on the completed entry form attached to the submission.)
• Entries and submissions cannot be returned once entered.
• Any entries in languages other than French or English must include a brief English translation.
• By submitting entries, you permit Designedge Canada to publish your entered work in print and online for related promotional purposes.
• By submitting entries, you assume responsibility for any copyright concerns on the part of your client(s) or other copyright holders.
• Judges may disqualify an entry or change the category or region of an entry after deliberation; entrants will be notified of any changes.
• All submissions must receive a minimum benchmark score in order to qualify as a finalist or winner; in categories/regions where no submissions reach the benchmark, no prize will be awarded.
• All judges’ decisions are final.
Mail Entries to:
Attn: Redgee Awards
The C.J. Group of Companies
249 Evans Ave
All entry forms are submitted online.
Once you hit submit and complete your payment, your account is closed. To submit more entries, you must open a new account.
Includes print and online collateral, packaging, stationery, print brochures and advertising, outdoor advertising, websites, posters, mobile apps, etc… created as part of a branding, identity, promotional, event or advertising campaign. A minimum of three to a maximum of eight elements may be submitted and counted as one entry. Submit outdoor advertising elements as digital photographs, RGB (not CMYK) JPG format (max. 1024 pixels x 768 pixels at 300 DPI). Submit website elements as URL links. Submit mobile app elements as URL links with promo code. Mail all other elements.
Logos must be submitted online. Please submit an image in RGB (not CMYK) JPG format (max. 1024 pixels x 768 pixels at 300 DPI).
Up to five pieces may be submitted and counted as one entry. For example, a single entry can include one each of letterhead, envelope, and a business card. Pieces should be un-mounted. Entries that consist solely of business cards should be entered in the Business Card category instead. Submit actual hard copies.
Variations of one entry (e.g. a series of cards that demonstrate different applications of the same identity) are considered ‘one entry’. Up to five pieces may be submitted for one entry. Submit actual hard copies.
Includes direct mail, brochures, catalogues, magazine single, magazine spread, newspaper single, newspaper spread. Submit trimmed tearsheets or proofs up to maximum size of 18” x 24”. For print pieces larger than 18” x 24”, please submit a RGB (not CMYK) JPG file with resolution of 1024 pixels x 768 pixels at 300dpi.
Includes out-of-home, point-of-purchase, transit ads, billboards, vehicle wraps. Pieces may be entered individually or as a series. Up to five digital photographs of the outdoor advertising series may be submitted as a single entry. Photographs should be saved as RGB (not CMYK) JPG format (max. 1024 pixels x 768 pixels at 300 DPI). Themed environments, animated billboards, and other environmental projects that contain moving parts may be submitted as online video (YouTube, Vimeo, Quicktime). Please provide URL link to view.
Includes magazine or newspaper single, spread, section, cover, entire issue. Magazine and newspaper singles or spreads should be submitted as a complete set of tearsheets or proofs, up to a maximum size of 18” x 24”. If you are submitting a complete issue, please submit it in a bound form. Do not separate it into tear sheets.
Web & Mobile:
For Website entries, submit a URL link. For Mobile entries (includes smartphone, table and e-reader apps), submit a URL link with promo code. Please note which platform the app runs on.
Submissions can include both a web and mobile execution, but do not need to have both to qualify.
Includes consumer packaging, labels, shopping bags, records, CDs, DVDs, software and gift or specialty products. Packaging must be submitted as actual pieces, even if oversized. If you have concerns about shipping food or beverages, replace the contents with coloured water or send empty containers. Variations of one entry (e.g. packaging for different flavours of the same product) are considered ‘one entry’. Up to five) pieces may be submitted for one entry. Photographs will not be accepted in this category.
Includes any piece where type is the main feature. Submit online only. Please submit an image in RGB (not CMYK) JPG format (max. 1024 pixels x 768 pixels at 300 DPI).
Includes any work produced for the purpose of showcasing your personal design skill or the capabilities of a design firm. Excludes any work produced for an external client. Submit trimmed tearsheets or proofs up to maximum size of 18” x 24”. For print pieces larger than 18” x 24”, please submit a RGB (not CMYK) JPG file with resolution of 1024 pixels x 768 pixels at 300dpi. For environmental pieces, please submit up to five digital photographs (same requirements as above). Themed environments, rotating signs, and other environmental projects that contain moving parts may be submitted as online video (YouTube, Vimeo, Quicktime). Provide URL link to view.
Includes any projects that make significant use of original photography. Entries are judged on how photography was used within the design project, not on quality of photography alone. Submit final designs as well as original standalone photos. A maximum of four elements may be submitted and counted as one entry. Submit online only as digital photographs, in RGB (not CMYK) JPG format (max. 1024 pixels x 768 pixels at 300 DPI). Submit website elements as URL links.
Includes invites, announcements, posters, environmental (wayfinding, signage, retail, exhibits). No longer includes Self-Promo. Submit trimmed tearsheets or proofs up to maximum size of 18” x 24”. For print pieces larger than 18” x 24”, please submit a RGB (not CMYK) JPG file with resolution of 1024 pixels x 768 pixels at 300dpi. For environmental pieces, please submit up to 5 digital photographs (same requirements as above). Themed environments, rotating signs, and other environmental projects that contain moving parts may be submitted as online video (Youtube, Vimeo, Quicktime). Provide URL link to view.
Includes school projects fitting any of the above categories. All entered work must have been produced between Dec. 6, 2014 and June 17, 2016 as a school project and not be used in the marketplace. Students must have been enrolled in a post-secondary institution at the time the work was created.
|Early bird entry*||Regular entry|
|Professional categories (except Campaigns)||$90||$100|
*Early bird entries must be received by June 17, 2016
Professionals: For every 10 entries, get another 1 free
Students: Buy 20 entries, get another 5 free
All winners and finalists of the Canadian Regional (“Redgee”) Design Awards will receive the following recognition:
• Inclusion in the Redgee Awards issue of Designedge Canada, distributed to the entire national circulation list and at design events including DesignThinkers 2016
• A Canadian Regional Design Awards printed certificate
• Use of the Regional Design Awards logo for print and online promotional purposes
• Recognition at the special Redgee Awards event, to be held in Toronto in conjunction with DesignThinkers, November 2016
• Inclusion on the Regional Design Awards website Gallery of Winners